Football Trials

As I mentioned earlier, I'm trying to get more involved in football trading and one of the best resources, if you haven't come across it already, is the blog run by Ads and Bingo aka, The Nugget Crew.

Not only do they offer a 'trade of the day' well in advance of the match itself, but the frequently hold chat sessions in the RacingTraders room on the Paltalk network. It's a pity they use this chat network since, as a Linux user, I have to access it via a website which is wholly based on Flash. As a result, it is unstable and frequently bombs me out, crashes Firefox taking other sites with it. Sorry, I digress...

Their advice is excellent, though I haven't made any money yet. That's more to do with me exiting the markets way too early coupled with lack of experience on how the football markets behave. The difference between the slow, reasoned approach of the correct score markets for example and the quick fire, in-out nature of the pre-race dog markets will take a while getting used to. Just listening to these guys describe their trading and assessment of how a match is progressing is a huge help.

They are ultimately planning to go to a subscription based model, so nip over to their site quickly to get a flavour of what they do.

While I'm on the subject of other helpful sites, if you're into tennis then TradeShark does a similar thing on his blog, i.e. gives recommended matches and strategies to trade.

I personally haven't had the time to get involved in the tennis, but I'd recommend you pay his site a visit.

10 comments:

JS said...

Hey Alistair just wanted to say thanks for the heads up on the blog links, they look quite good and I hadn't heard of them before.

Alistair said...

You're welcome JS.

Anonymous said...

Alistair, why would you part with money for this service? Do the work yourself, these guys are not professionals. One of them was looking at paying for a service himself a matter of months ago and the other has made a video where he places a bet on Bet Trader because he believed there was no money at that price, when in fact it was purely because there was no full market depth. Doh!

Alistair said...

Anonymous, I never said I was going to pay this service. Nor should my post be construed as any endorsement of any such service should it come to pass. I merely wanted to put out that I've found their advice useful, and I believe some of my readers may do so aswell.

I leave it to others to decide whether paying for such a service is something they wish to do.

Anonymous said...

Football trading is fine for a little extra cash but when you consider it takes 1 second to score a goal, yet 5 seconds to submit your trade it's little more than fools gold. I believe you still have it in you to trade the horses successfully, that's where the rewards are. Good luck.

Anonymous said...

None of the three guys you mention have ever made much money. It's the blind leading the blind based on what I have seen and heard!

True professionals rarely talk in depth about what they do. They must be laughing at this sort of stuff.

If doing X Y or Z really worked then you would simply ramp up your stakes and get somebody else to do the donkey work. There are no one line short cuts.

Alistair said...

Let me make a few things clear:

1. I do not care whether these guys have made themselves or others money. They have helped my understanding of how the soccer markets behave. I posted these links so that my readers can see for themselves if they would get any benefit, no matter how small.

2. I have no ties to the aforementioned sites or their owners. I am not an affiliate of said sites, nor do I gain any benefit other than advice freely given to do with what I will.

3. I have posted comments to this post in good faith, but if you wish to criticise a website or service run by someone else, please do not use my blog as a forum to do so, particularly if you are going to hide behind the anonymity that the Internet provides.

If you wish to discuss something I've written, I'm more than happy to do so, but I will not publish anymore anonymous comments that criticises something I have no control over. Especially when no supporting evidence is provided.

If you have concerns about a particular website or service, please direct those concerns to the respective owners.

Clive Howlett said...

Hi Alistair,

always read your blog and enjoy your honest thoughts and opinions. I have just created a new blog and have added your blog. If you could add me that would be great.

url: http://tradingpeanuts.blogspot.com/

comment: A personal challenge into the world of trading

Link text: Trading Peanuts Sports Trader.

Thanks Alistair,

Clive

Alistair said...

Hi Clive,

Glad you enjoy my ramblings. I'm quite happy to exchange links and you'll find yours on the links page.

Cheers

Alistair

kogusblue1 said...

Just a quick one to say that I agree with what you say about the Trading Forum. It's great that they do it and help novices out aswell. From what I've seen they do in fact make money regularly.

Cheers Warren