What A Dummy!

My progress in the horse place markets continues, much to my delight, though I am not immune to the occasional cock-up.

As mentioned in my last update, much of the weekend was taken up with DIY chores so trading was limited. However, I did manage to squeeze £46 out of the place markets on Saturday afternoon, but lost £11 on the dogs, which continue to be a bit of a rollercoaster.

I managed to pick up another £11 across both disciplines on Sunday, in between sawing, sanding and painting.

With it being international weekend, I didn't bother with any soccer matches, preferring to keep my powder dry until today.

Under normal circumstances, I don't trade on a Monday as I am usually off on a site visit to my main client. However, a local holiday intervened and I found myself settling down for some trading. I was a little apprehensive to be honest as I've read numerous times on various blogs that the Monday horse markets are difficult.

So, as you can imagine, I was delighted to be £30 up after only five races. This progress continued until the 4:40 when, with over £50 on the board, I embarked on a four race losing streak culminating in a £35 loss in the 5:10, virtually wiping out my profit for the day.

Talk about easy come easy go!


I'd laid the favourite quite heavily expecting it to go out a tick or two, but it came in and didn't look like drifting. In the end, with seconds to go, I had to take the hit. After a issuing a few expletives in the chat room I forgot about it. I'll get it back soon enough.

Besides, I still wound up with a profit for the day, albeit not quite as good as I was thinking it was going to be.

In any case, ignoring this minor hiccup, I traded very well today, from which I can take comfort. My place market trading has earned £180 this month, without a losing day to be seen. That's got to be a good sign.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alistair,

Do you trade or bet on the place markets?

Alistair said...

I trade the place markets. Occasionally, very occasionally, I might put a bet on, but that is only with greened up money I may have already earned on that race.