Clients. Who'd Have Them?

Today's Results:
Horse Racing... 1.0% profit. New bank... £51.31

It never fails to amaze me how, given that personal computers have been with us for so long, some users just seem to be completely incapable of learning anything. It doesn't matter how many times you show some people how to do something, they always seem to require hand-holding. Quite frankly it's downright laziness on their part.

Anyway, I shouldn't complain as it's money for old rope. But I can hardly say I am technically challenged. So much for spending all that time and money becoming a Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer.

And just to add to my frustrating day, I come home to discover there's no evening racing. Bah! Humbug! I guess I'll have to do the housework instead now!

I did get home in time to catch the last two races. Managed to add 1% to the pile with the last race scratched. Not a huge increase by recent standards, but it all adds up I suppose.

Never mind, I'm at home tomorrow so there should be no problems with spending all afternoon in front of the computer.

3 comments:

knocker said...

Hey Alistair

You may have read on my blog that I was piddling around with my barfed system at my house for most of last week - so trading took a back seat. At least I was the client!

Anyway, I'm also trading again tomorrow so let's not try and scalp each other :)

Alistair said...

There's nothing beats a bit of piddling around. Setting up a new Linux server for the house is something I need to get organised but there's so many other jobs that need doing. I fancy a MythTV backend to serve streaming TV pictures around the house.

I'll try and avoid taking money off you tomorrow knocker :). I'm sure they'll be plenty to go around. I've had a good run of late I'm expecting a phoopa any moment. Just have to wait and see.

knocker said...

Ooooh - MythTV - I've often pondered building a MythTV Box. However, in order to watch RacingUK, ATR and in fact any other sport I want to trade we've just ordered Sky+ with multiroom. No more legging it upstairs to flip channels every two minutes. And no more watching a race and then suddenly the GF changes channels to watch yet another episode of West Wing or whatever else!

Good luck today! I'm actually a bit nervous after my little break - small stakes at first I reckon!