Running Up That Hill

Today's Results:
Horse Racing... 6.5% profit. New bank... £76.61

I might be taking two steps forward and one step back, but I'm slowly recovering from the screw ups I had last week.

Today was very much a case in point. It started off with the almost obligatory loss in the first race. At least it was only a few pence this time so no major harm done, especially as the next race saw my best trade of the day.

I got involved in 20 races today with 4 scratches and 4 losses, which was a bit disappointing. It could've been worse though as I had a number of races in the red but managed to retrieve the situation before the off. The recoveries themselves were pleasing, but obviously I'd rather not find myself in that situation in the first place.

I found Beverley in particular quite difficult this afternoon. To be honest, I was tired from digging holes for fence posts - I'm so unfit. I only managed 4 due to the number of tree roots I was having to pull up. Anyway, a couple of times I was guilty of trying to force trades that weren't there. Surprise, surprise, they lost.

Perhaps the most pleasing trade was the very last race where I had my second biggest win of the day. It's nice to end the day with a win for a change.

Again, much of my trading was spent looking for spikes in the place market. I managed to catch a couple of beauties as well. No doubt I'll be bitten one day, but at the moment, the tactic seems to be working for me.

Hopefully, tomorrow afternoon, in between hole digging, I will get myself back to where I was a week past Monday and be able to kick on from there. And I suppose I really shouldn't have said that.....

No comments: