Occasional Demons

Today's Results:
Horse Racing... 10.3% profit. New bank... £109.93

Yipee! The horsey bank has passed the £100 mark despite the appearance of one particular demon in the shape of my daughter.

Like yesterday, I got off to a blistering start and was over 7.0% up after the first two races. For two hours I traded like a man possessed, taking part in 8 races, losing a minor amount on one and finding myself nearly 15.0% up on the day.

Then, along came the 4:00 at Yarmouth, just as my daughter came home. I do not know how many times I've told myself not to trade when the kids are around, but I never listen. I promptly lost £2.62 as I tried to concentrate on my trading while holding a conversation with her.

To make matters worse, I didn't switch off BinarySoft BDI like I should've done. No, I carried on chatting to her, then, out of the corner of my eye, I thought I spotted a move, jumped in and quickly lost another £2. Then it finally sunk in. I switched the PC off and went and made dinner.

Afterwards, I ventured into 3 races in the evening, winning on 2 and losing 1. But it brought the percentage profit for the day back into double figures.

Despite my lack of discipline - for which I've given myself a good slap - I'm obviously delighted with another successful day, and of course, reaching the £100 landmark. Now that that has been achieved, I'll ring-fence another £20 so that my stake drops to £50 approx. That's £60 now 'protected' which will allow me to fight another day if I have a major mishap.

A day off tomorrow, until the evening anyway, as I'll be at a client's.

No comments: