Better By Far

Today's Results:
Horse Racing... 15.9%% profit. New bank... £221.75


Not a lot I can add to that screenshot. By the end of the afternoon session, I was 13.6% up, having sailed through the £200 barrier half way through. To say I was chuffed is an understatement. I got involved in 17 races this afternoon scratching 3 and losing on 2 (costing £2.17).

When I stopped for tea, I was in two minds whether to come back for the evening session. Regular readers will be aware that I have had an annoying habit of screwing up the first 1-2 races after a break. The last thing I wanted to do was throw away my good work.

In the end, I took an extended dinner break and got stuck into the 7:00 (having just scratched the 6:50) where I, perhaps somewhat surprisingly, opened with a £2.89 profit - which I promptly threw away in the next race!

My trading was somewhat tentative, simply for fear of screwing up my earlier good work. I shouldn't have worried, as I had some excellent trades this evening. As I went into the last, my profit was sitting at £36 approx. Unfortunately I threw away nearly £6 on the last.

This was annoying as I had backed Bahamian Kid at 3.40 as I felt sure it was going to come in. The market didn't agree with me initially and I was forced to take a loss of £9.80. The market then changed it's mind, turned the way I had thought it would and I could've had a 4 tick profit before the off. And the damn thing went on to place in second. Grrr! That put a big dampener on the evening, though I've perked up a little as I see that there must have been a withdrawal. As a result, my loss on that race has been reduced.

I traded 10 races in the evening, scratching 2 and losing on 3 (costing £9.27).

Despite ending with my biggest lost for the day, a £30 profit is my best result to date and needless to say, I'm absolutely delighted. All the more fitting as exactly 3 months ago today, I started my horsey bank with £10, which has now grown by more than 2210%.

Let's hope for more of the same tomorrow.

No comments: