Not My day

Today's Results:
Horse Racing... 1.4% loss. New bank... £664.80

A very poor day at the office for me, which I've decided to cut short as I'm finding it very difficult to get going.

The only decent profit I've had all day came in the 3:20 where I won nearly £6 which I then threw away in the next race. And that has been the story of my afternoon. I'd win a certain amount, then give it back again in the following race.

Lady Luck clearly isn't with me today as I discovered when I went to the 3:50 at Hexham. The meeting had been abandoned before a race was run - and my well earned profit had fluttered away on the same breeze that had canceled the event. I can't be doing with these fair weather sportsmen! So all of a sudden, I had had 3 losing races to open the day.

The place markets were so slow, I got frustrated and tried some of the win markets, only to add to my losses. My current trading style just isn't suited to the one tick scalping of the win markets and I've clearly got a lot of work to do in order to master those.

I got involved in 11 markets today, including 2 win markets. I scratched 1 and lost on 6 costing £21.34. So a loss of 1.4%, which is less than a tenner, so no great drama there. I just hope things pick up a bit next week as today has been very boring!

Despite having to post a loss for the second weekend running, I'm very happy with my progress. I'm now consistently making over £100 per week and should reach the £1000 mark sometime in July. I then need to decide what I'm going to do in terms of this blog, but more importantly, which markets I'm going to branch out into.

Clearly, at some stage, and in order to progress, I'm going to have to get to grips with the win markets (assuming I want to make that progression within the horse markets). I don't really want to have to start again - as I would do - especially since I won't be able to trade the place markets at the same time. Something I need to figure out over the summer I guess.

2 comments:

Anthony said...

Just as a little hint on the win markets: try to jump in when the market first starts moving. If you miss it don't chase but leave your bet there. Then try to catch the market if it begins to swing the other way, in that way your money is there waiting to get matched, hopefully first.
I think it's a good idea to try to scalp the win markets when you first begin, to try to get a feel for how they work.
Hope this helps you.

Alistair said...

Hi Anthony,

Thanks for that very useful tip - much appreciated. I'll keep that in mind the next time I try the win markets.

Alistair