One Of My Better Days

Today's Results:
Horse Racing... 6.5% profit. New bank... £733.72

Isn't it funny how a small distraction as simple as making a cuppa can upset the concentration and make you lose focus?

I'd been trading very steadily all afternoon. After the 3:30, I went to make a cup of tea and returned to see 'Riley Boys' in the 3:45 was starting to drift very quickly. I jumped on, but I kept getting leapfrogged before my bet was matched. Although I'm getting better, I still suffer from a lack of confidence in jumping ahead of the market by a few ticks in order to get matched when a big move is on.

I wound up chasing the odds as they climbed from 1.56. I had 5 or 6 attempts at getting matched eventually catching them up at 1.76 - just as they were turning. Typical! What should've been a double figure profit turned into a £2.50 loss. But that wasn't the end of it. Because I was so annoyed with myself for missing out on that drift, I didn't focus properly on the next two races and lost on those as well.

Still, those were my only losses today - apart from a few pence in a couple of scratched trades - and only cost a total of £6.41 so I'm very please with that .

The only other 'disappointment' came in the 7:55 where I 'lost' £8 thanks to a last minute withdrawal.

I'd traded 'Solar Dance' and was greened up to the tune of £13 when I then turned my attention to 'Winners Chant'. No sooner had I got myself £5 in profit on that horse and it was withdrawn. So I lost that fiver as well as another £3 from 'Solar Dance' due to the reduction factor. That was a great pity as that would've put me through the £50 for the day barrier for the first time.

I found the remaining races difficult in that I couldn't spot many opportunities, though I think I started to be a bit cautious in order to protect my gains for the day.

All in all, I traded 23 races today, scratching 8 and losing 3 as I mentioned above. I made £15 in the afternoon and £30 in the evening which I was really chuffed with. So that's another 6.5% added to the bank which has sailed through the £700 marked. Splendid.

No comments: