Drum Roll Maestro If You Please

Today's Results:
Horse Racing... 4.2% profit. New bank... £1039.47

Whoohoo! That's it! £10 to £1000 by trading the horse markets in Betfair. I won't bother going into details of todays trading. Suffice to say, the afternoon was exceptional and I came very close to a new daily record until I got a bit careless towards the end.

The evening session was spent doing a bit of experimentation in the place markets. The jury is still out on that one as I lost a little.

Anyway, a picture is worth a thousand words as they say, so here's my horse trading bank progression since 23 Feb when I stared with £10 all the way through to today.


It took 122 trading days to get this far giving an average daily interest of 3.88%. Now, I don't know if that's good or bad, but a 10000% increase in my bank is good enough for me.

I've detailed every day of trading in this blog since the 1st of April. The main reason for writing the blog was to help me maintain my discipline. To that end, it has been successful. However, it has also provided a means for me to let off steam when I've screwed up and generally get things off my chest.

In addition, the constructive comments I've had from other traders has proved invaluable, particularly when I was overwhelmed by doubt and indecision and questioning my fledgling abilities. So I'd like to thank all those who have advised, encouraged and generally offered support throughout the past three and a half months. It is much appreciated. I hope I will be able to do the same as my experience grows.

I'm going to change the way I use the blog now. In detailing each trading day, it has served it's purpose. I want to expand it more now so that it becomes more of a general discussing of trading and betting. How that will pan out, I've no idea as I haven't fully thought it through yet.

I also want to decide where my trading goes from here. My gambling background is in football, and I'd like to get back into that. I'd also like to expand my trading skills into tennis - and I suppose there's those horrible win markets to consider. Keeping in mind that this was all meant to be a hobby!

My current thinking is to concentrate on the place markets for the time being as I do not think I have fully exhausted all possibilities there as yet. This will allow me to build up my bank still further, providing me with the funds to experiment in these other sports. Not to mention pay my daughter's pocket money at a rate of 5%!

That's enough for now. I'm away to bask in my own success. I'll carry on trading this week, though I could really do with a break, so do not worry if there are no updates over the next few days. Rest assured I'm not away spending all my winnings - not yet anyway.

Until next time...

6 comments:

leonthefixer said...

Well done mate - still to read through all the posts from when I was away - but 10,000% is some going!!!

I knew you had it in you!!! Enjoy the break!

Well done again!!!!

Graeme Dand said...

Well done mate.

It was only a matter of time before you reached the £1k mark. I love that graph of your profit. Very few losses in there and that’s what I like about your trading strategy. You basically now have a regular riskfree income from Betfair and that was your intention when you set out on this adventure.

Well done on reaching this landmark and looking forward to reading your progress as you move towards the £2k mark!

My day was another roller coaster to say the least but hopefully I’ll smooth out the profit graph soon!

Graeme

Drifter said...

Well Done

Onwards and Upwards from now on. It is strange how when you are confident things just appear to go your way.

Drifter

Pete Thunder said...

Cheers! Great to see you doing so well. I´m really glad for you! Take your well deserved break and enjoy you success!

The final furlong said...

Fantastic Alistair - i started reading your blog when you were saying about hopefully trying to get the minmum hourly wage each day.
I was in shock when you got to £200 profit! getting to the £1000 is unbelievable well done.
Enjoy your time off and take it all in.

Nathan

Alistair said...

Thanks very much chaps for your kind comments, and of course, all your support throughout the past few months.

It was a major achievement for me reaching £1K as I'd tried trading the horse markets twice in the past and failed miserably.

To think, I only need to make another £6oo or so and I'll have recovered all the money I've thrown away in Betfair since I joined 2.5 years ago. So that will be the next thing to aim for...

Then there's the new car; the new kitchen; my daughter's education etc, etc. It never ends.

Thanks again lads.

Alistair