Betdaq Trader Software

I've just downloaded the Betdaq Trader Software and, as it is Java based, it runs on Linux. Whoo Hoo!

At first glance, it is pretty basic and a little ropey - though with a version number of 0.c, it's hardly surprising.


I initially had trouble logging in. It kept reporting an error say that I was specifying an invalid user. However, the login box allows you to specify site name as well as username and password. By default, the site box is pre-populated with 'www.betdaq.com'. Changing that to 'www.betdaq.co.uk' did the trick and I was in.

There's no ladder interface so in terms of the tools that most traders use for fast paced pre-race markets, then it is limited. There's a one click interface laid out in much the same way as the Betdaq web interface. How useful this will be totally depends on what markets your likely to use it for.

It's important, where appropriate, that Betdaq users/traders start using this application, if for no other reason than to encourage Betdaq to continue with development and demonstrate to them, and others, that trading using API tools is perfectly viable on Betdaq. Hopefully, this in itself will help encourage software vendors to develop their own tools as well as persuade traders that Betdaq is a viable alternative to Betfair. This in turn will boost the liquidity, thereby making it more attractive to traders.

I'll be doing my part and using it to trade soccer matches all of which I do on Betdaq now. I'll carry on using Binarysoft BDI to trade the pre-race horse and greyhound markets.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Where did you get the application from? Is it from Betdaq?

Alistair said...

Click on the link in the first sentence of the post and it will take you to the download page.

Anonymous said...

The link just brings up a page stating 'coming soon....' Have they removed it?

Alistair said...

The link works ok for me, unless the page was down when you clicked it. Anyway, the url is http://www.betdaqtrader.com/

John said...

Hoya, thanks for the tip earlier. I have added a link for you on my site.
I am also having no luck with that link - its just a page with comming soon on it?

John @ Flutterly

Alistair said...

Hi John, thanks for the comment. I'll add a link to your site on my links page sometime over the weekend.

Regarding Betdaq Trader. Yes I'm getting the 'coming soon' page too now. That link did work, that's how I downloaded the software. They've obviously decided to hold it back for a while, though I have no idea why.

I guess you'll have to wait a little longer.

Sorry if my post has caused you and Anonymous some confusion.

David Allen said...

I am interested in this software also.

Any chance you could post the download you got so that we could download it.

Alistair said...

Hi David,

I'm sorry, the only link I have is the one available in the post - which is now producing the 'coming soon' message.

I wouldn't worry about it too much, as the version of the software I have is not working. It produces an error every time I try to submit a bet. I do not know if that's related to me running it on Linux or not. I have reported the issue to Betdaq, but, as yet, I have not received any further information.

Alistair