An Important Day

I've just withdrawn some cash from my Betfair account. In doing so, I have finally made that account profitable for the first time since I joined Betfair 3-4 years ago.

As you can see from the image below, I am hardly among the big movers and shakers on Betfair, or indeed, in gambling circles anywhere. Even so, getting to this point has been an important goal and one that I would not have achieved if I hadn't turned to trading.

I had virtually given up all forms of gambling at the start of 2008. By taking my last few pounds I have turned that account around through trading the horse markets in particular, and now the greyhounds as well. Trading has provided me with a realistic means to earn some regular extra money. It has instilled a much needed level of discipline that I sadly lacked as a run of the mill mug punter.

Now all I need to do, is get myself up there so Betfair can charge me 20%. Then I'll be able to say I've made it. LOL!


Finally, I'd just like to thank all those who have encouraged and offered support be it by commenting on this blog, or in the chat room. It is much appreciated and I hope that someday I'll be in a position to reciprocate.

3 comments:

Drifter said...

Alistair

Well Done it is a great feeling to know that there is more in you account then you have put in. I think I am similar to you in that as a punter I am pretty useless but if I trade then I can make it.

The next problem is the charge I see it as a big disincentive for many traders the chance to make it so you can give it more to Betfair for being successful. Personally I hope more punters/traders make the shift to Betdaq.

Drifter

Mark Iverson said...

Hi Alistair,

Congratulations - that's a big milestone!

Keep up the good work.

Mark

Alistair said...

Drifter and Mark:

Thanks guys. Always good to hear from you.

Another milestone along the road, but this one is like a weight of the shoulders. Proof that it can be done.

Cheers