Betdaq Trader Ladder Interface

I've been led to believe that the Betdaq Trader development team are currently working on a ladder interface which should be available in the next few weeks.

This truly is excellent news as it will provide me with a viable Betdaq trading option that runs natively in Linux.

I have been using the test version of Betdaq Trader, currently at version 1.0, and have found it to have many interesting and useful features. However, as far as my trading style and markets are concerned, it is limited. That is not to say, that I couldn't use it for other markets. Far from it. It's just that I'm not up to speed in other markets.

I've been using it's grid interface for my football betting/trading, but I've never found such an interface easy to use for the fast paced pre-race markets. So a ladder interface is most welcome.

I'll keep you updated if I hear anything else.

By the way, the download page is available again, so you can get your hands on Version 1.0.

3 comments:

footygeek said...

Hi Alistair,
I was wondering how you for Bet Angel working Linux, as I emailed them about this and they said it was a window application.

Enjoying the blog by the way.

Cheers footygeek
footygeek.blogspot.com

Alistair said...

Cheers footygeek,

Bet Angel is indeed a Windows only application. The only way to run it on a Linux box, is to run Windows inside a 'virtual box'. This provides an interface between Linux and Windows.

Once Windows is installed inside the VB, you can run any Windows application within the VB as well.

Unfortunately, there is a performance hit. Hardly surprising since your would be running an operating system inside another operating system.

Alistair

footygeek said...

Sorry I misread the post, thought it was about Bet Angel for Betdaq, which I was hoping to have a look out.
I am now looking to install Betdaq Trader on my Ubuntu laptop.

Cheers for the advise.

FG.