Bizarre Chat Room Shenanigans

Something weird is happening in the chat room lately and I do not mean the antics of one regular visitor (you know who you are LOL) who has, in the past, managed to find his way into a completely different room, which is, shall I say, of a somewhat more colourful nature than the Bet your Life one. :-)

It's not just my failure to get to grips with the win markets that is annoying me at the moment. For the past two or three weeks when I've been in the chat room, even when I've been there all by myself, I intermittently get, 'Oh my God! Go away!' coming through my speakers. It can happen once, or it can happen 3-4 times with 10 secs between them.

It's driving me nuts!

I have to turn off all the audio notifications to stop it, but then of course, I easily miss when someone enters or leaves the room as well as when they post a message.

The chat room has the ability to send a whole load of sounds at the user's request, yet bizarrely, none of the available sound files consists of this irritating message.

I'm beginning to think I'm going mad. If any other visitor happens to be getting the same problem, please leave a comment to this post and I'll investigate further. In the meantime, I'll see you in the asylum!

No comments: