Heavy Weather

What a tough day today was. At no time was I more than £5 in profit.

It started with the dogs where I spent the first hour losing money, so, by the time the horse racing started, I was on the back foot. Unfortunately, the nags continued the trend. Everything I touched turned sour. I lasted for an hour, then stopped for lunch.

It wasn't until after 3pm that I started to string some decent trades together, finally getting myself £5 in profit by the last race of the afternoon. True to form though, I immediately started to throw it away again when I switched to the dogs.

In the end, I lost £8.33 over 25 dog races having lost nearly half of them. I'm not sure what has been wrong with my reading of the greyhound markets of late. I just do not seem to be able to get up any momentum.

The good thing was the horse racing. Despite losing in 8 of the 24 races I entered, at a cost of £15, I came away with a profit of £10.56 from the horse win markets. So, disappointing in terms of the number of losses, but at least I came away with another profit.

All in all, a bit of a wasted day with only a little over £2 added to the pot.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mate I had a shocking afternoon as well - I was on the back foot from the off and it wasnt until the second last until I got level and finally came away with 3 quid profit for the afternoon. I decided to take a break and come back for the evening racing and used half my bank and thankfully didnt have a loss all night and turned the day around by working hard at it on the Wolvs and Dundalk card - so you were not alone in having a disappointing afternoon!

Lots of racing on Saturday so don't forget you dont have to trade every race - pick and chose!

Leonthefixer.

Alistair said...

Hi Leon, and thanks for the support.

It seems that yesterday was a difficult day for a few traders. Today, being Saturday, I haven't made up my mind if I'll trade. I might look at the CH4 races and match bet them on Bet365. At least then I'll be guaranteed a profit!

Good luck for thios afternoon.

Alistair

Man of Mystery said...

Hi Alistair,

I thought I'd just let you know Racingtraders has kindly offered to sponsor the first Juicestorm competition. If you fancy approving this message or mentioning this in your blog I'd appreciate it. If not, no problem.

Everyone can find out more at http://www.juicestorm.com.

And BTW I'd love to have you on one of the shows as a guest as we've discussed before.

Good luck mate.

vancleefe said...

Hi Alistair,

after getting married 3 years ago, Betfair had to be put on the back burner. But during that time I was always thinking about a way to profit from it. I traded back in the day, with modest stakes, just trying to get free bets. Recently come across bet trader and bet angel and really want to give it a good go with the ladder interface. I just wanted to say what a great site you have, been through all of your posts and see that profit can be realised from small starting banks. Keep up the good work, I'll be checking in regularly!

Alistair said...

Hi MoM and vancleefe. Thanks for popping by.

MoM: Yes, I'd be happy to guest on one of your shows sometime. Nip into the chat room sometime to discuss, or MSN me.

vancleefe: Thanks for the comments regarding the site. Again, you're wlecome to pop into the chat any time. I'm not always there of course, but I do try an remember to put a note on the blog when I'm definitely going to be around.

Alistair