Six Pound Bookends

With the horse racing starting early these days there's not much time for greyhound racing in the morning, but I managed to pick up a £5 in the first hour, which, I have to say is really disappointing. I've struggled for a few weeks now in the early session of the dogs, despite this usually being the best time in the dog markets as far as liquidity is concerned. I don't know why that is.

The horse win markets experiments continued today and I started off badly by losing £6 in the first race. I then proceeded to claw it back, with the odd hiccup along the way. Once I got myself back into profit for the day, I completely spoiled things by losing £6 in the last race.

The P/L screen shoot below says it all.


Again I missed out on some excellent price movements because of small, temporary reversals in the market that caused me to get out for a one tick loss. I'm not sure how I'm going to come to terms with these.

One might think that the obvious answer would be to wait a bit longer to see if the trend turns back on track. Yet when I do, it never does and I end up with a bigger loss. It is very demoralising.

I did a bit more on the greyhounds in the early evening, but I wasn't really in the mood so I quit after an hour or so, finishing the day with a few pounds profit.

I'm finding trading very difficult at the moment because I'm making little or no money. I know it's because I'm trying to learn a different market and that's the price I am going to have to pay until it clicks. Starting again like this is really hard though, not to mention frustrating.

No comments: