Trying Something New

I have always found Saturdays to be difficult trading wise. Something to do with the amount of money in the markets and the fact that there so many things on the go. I always find myself being pulled between football, horses and greyhounds. My multitasking skills have deteriorated as I head inexorably to my 50s. As such, I've taken to spending Saturdays doing a little experimentation to, if for no other reason, take a bit of a break from trading.

I spent the afternoon match betting the Bet365 Channel 4 racing offers. I covered 6 races and won a total of £4.50. A completely stress free 15% ROI based on a £30 and a few minutes work in total. I'm still experimenting with the numbers but I'm happy with this and will be increasing my stake for next Saturday's session.

Whilst on the subject of the horses, I did do a small amount of trading today, including a couple of US races late on. I didn't get anywhere though. Indeed, I almost wiped my matched betting profit.

I also started putting money on a little idea I had the other week regarding the over/under 2.5 goals markets. On paper, they'd been giving an ROI of around 30%. Of course, with today being the first time I committed any cash, I'm sure you can guess what happened. A loss of 30%. :)

Finally, the only real trading I did do was on the dogs first thing this morning where I managed a £13 profit.

So a fairly gentle day on the trading/betting front and another small profit to add to the pot. More importantly, I picked up another few ideas that I will be looking at in depth over the coming weeks.

So much to do, so little time.

2 comments:

zappi said...

Greetings Alistair,

Have been following your site on a daily basis since its beginning. I reside in the states and have been backing horses for twenty some odd years.

You efforts and thoughts have inspired me to begin my own betting blog to begin step by step like you did.

http://hitandrunpunter.blogspot.com

Feel free to visit.
Thanks again and keep up the good work.

Zappi

Alistair said...

Hi Zappi

Many thanks for your comments. It's nice to know that my ramblings have been useful for something :)

Good luck with your venture.

Alistair