Up And Running Again

I've just tried using BinarySoft and was able to log in with no problems. I do not know what the issue was, and I haven't heard from any other BinarySoft users to find out if they had the same problem. However, I think it is time to revisit what options I have.

I'm still looking at using Linux as my underlying operating system with Win XP and Windows based trading software running in a virtual box.

To me, Bet Angel is an obvious choice, particularly since it has versions for Betfair and Betdaq with the same look and feel. I have already established that BA Pro does not run satisfactorily on my PC with it's current spec. In particular, I really need to at least double it's RAM to 4GB and possibly purchase a dedicated graphics card rather than use the on board one.

In a similar vein, the new kid on the block, Bet Druid, also offers solutions for both exchanges. I am a bit wary of this though and would like to invite comments from any one who may have used it. I do not like the idea of specifying my Betfair/Betdaq account details into some unknown software solution for starters.

There is one or two others that I might look at, but first up is Bet Trader Pro. Adam Todd has kindly offered to give me some free minutes so that I can test his software under my unusual setup. Hopefully, I'll be able to do that this week and obviously I'll relay the results via this blog.

Speaking of Bet Trader, there is a free 3 month subscription available by winning the free prize draw at Juice Storm. To enter, simply download Bet Trader Pro then head over to Juice Storm and follow the links to leave a comment explaining why you'd like to win.

That's about all for today. Best of luck trading tomorrow. I won't be doing much as I should finally get to see the client a failed to see last week.

4 comments:

John said...

Hi Alistair
As a fellow BDI user my first thought was that it had stopped working. I think a few other people may have had problems with Bet Angel as well, though.

Unfortunately for me, I am fairly dependent on BDI. It is by far the best trading application out there - as far as I'm concerned nothing else comes close - and it runs on Linux and OS X! So, before it stops working, I'm going to have to get busy and code something for myself to replicate some of its best features and add a few of my own. I don't really fancy having to pay £200 a month for API access on top of the premium charges though.

Alistair said...

Couldn't agree with you more John. It was a great shame when it's demise was announced.

I'm afraid my programming skills are not good enough for me to contemplate developing my own solution. Nor is my trading income sufficient to cover the £200/month API access charge.

Although BDI is back up and running again, I think it is time to seriously think about moving on. To this end, I'll shortly be testing Bet Trader Pro on my Linux box.

Stay tuned.

Alistair

Anonymous said...

I use BetTrader Pro and love it. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles that some other programs out but that's what I like about it the most. It's pretty much made for scalping and nothing else so if you're into dutching and various other strats then it might not be for you but it's simplicity makes it great for the nags.

Good luck!

GC

Alistair said...

Cheers GC

I've got Bet Trader Pro and some free minutes courtesy of Adam so I'll be testing it out shortly in a virtual box on my Linux system. Early indications are that it isn't as resource hungry as Bet Angel so it may be a goer.

I'm going to spend some time watching the training videos before I use it in anger, but I hope to start next week.

Alistair