What A Shocker!

I made a few mistakes today. The first, and most crucial, was getting out of my bed this morning. I awoke with a splitting headache, sore throat and coughing my lungs up. There is no way I should have sat in front of a computer today.

The signs were there right from the first dog race where I lost £3.50. I've just finished for the day having lost £11.00 in the 16:57 greyhound race at Sunderland. Strewn in between is shocking trade after shocking trade with barely a decent one in there to separate them.

It was one of those days where virtually everything I touched went against me. In both the horses and the dogs, I was continually laying on the peaks and backing in the troughs. Time and time again, I got caught by big reversals that happened so quickly it was virtually impossible to get out for less than 3-5 ticks.

So, having lost nearly £18 on the day, more or less evenly split between dogs and nags, I think I'll just write this day off and put my feet up for the rest of the evening. A new day tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tough luck mate. Don't get too down though, it happens to all of us and as you say, there's always tomorrow.

Just don't do anything silly and try to get all that you lost today back too quickly.

Good luck.

GC

Alistair said...

Hi GC,

Not down at all. I'm annoyed that I carried on for as long as I did. I've traded in the past when I've been poorly and came to grief then as well. Sometimes, it takes me a little longer than it should to learn some lessons.

I'll soon pull today's loss back though.

Alistair