£10 Per Hour Will Do

Last spot of trading before I have to climb down the chimney in my Santa suit.

I spent 3.5 hours at the greyhounds today and, after a slow start, comfortably made £38 at just under £1/race. This equates to a £10/hr profit, which I'll happily settle for in my trading next year.


I'm chief chef tomorrow and there'll be no trading for me, though I promised to show my brother and mum how to do some matched betting (it is guaranteed cash after all). So my thoughts won't be too far away from the sports markets.

I'll be back in the hot seat on Boxing Day I would imagine, as I try to push through the £800 barrier. Not too far to go now.

Let me take this opportunity to wish you a Very Happy Christmas.

2 comments:

The hit and run punter said...

Merry christmas to you and yours!

Do you have any specific goals with your trading for the 2009 year?

Alistair said...

Thanks Hit and Run, I trust you had a good one.

I cannot say I've thought much about my trading in 2009. Certainly nothing in the way of goals anyway.

Indeed, at this stage, I'm not even sure if I'll be carrying on, not in the same way I do currently anyway, as I need to start looking for a full-time job. I've grown very tired of being self-employed and I do not envisage ever trading for a living. So I do not have much option but to look for full-time work.

I'll start giving things some serious thought once the holidays are over.

Alistair