An Altogether More Pleasant Day

Having taken the decision to abandon my attempts at mastering the horse win markets, I went into today's trading in a much more relaxed frame of mind.

I started off the day with the late morning dogs before switching to re-visit the place markets that I have stayed away from for so long. Playing with small stakes just to get used to things, I'm beginning to wonder why I left them in the first place.

I only had an hour or so as I was off spending a particularly hideous time Christmas shopping, but that hour was enough to really rekindle my interest in these markets. I love the cat an mouse nature of placing bets in these thin markets and I'll certainly be returning there on a more regular basis.

I missed the rest of the horse racing due to the aforementioned shopping trip, but managed to spend the rest of the night on the dogs. Again, the thin and volatile nature of these markets really suits my trading style and I racked up the very respectable profit of £32.35 to add to the £5.89 I'd won on the horses earlier in the day.

So, just short of £40 is the best day I've had for a while. This in itself was obviously rewarding, but I gained greater pleasure from the simple fact that the day, at least while I was trading, was stress free.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Alistair
In the dog markets most of the trading activity occurs in the last 90secs. before the off.
Invariably the 'off' is a few seconds after the published time.
How on earth do you manage not to get caught with an open position at 'the off'
Glad to see that you are making steady profits again.
Roger

Alistair said...

Hi Roger,

When I first started, I was 'caught' 3 times. Once by an early start of 15 secs and twice because I was careless and not watching the clock.

Now, I religiously set the countdown timer on my mobile phone to go off 1 minute before scheduled off. It beeps for 30 secs during which time I seek to exit in a profitable position. Once the beeping stops, I get out whatever my position is.

Alistair