Could Have Been Worse

Considering the way I traded today, I've got to say I'm more than happy with the £28 profit I made. Unfortunately, two thirds of that wasn't due to trading at all.

I did some further bet matching today. This time through 888sport and JenningsBet. The £15 qualifying from the former actually doesn't take place until Saturday, but I got the bonus right away. As a result, I was able to pick up a guaranteed £11.45 from the PSG v Twente match this evening.

I can still collect another free £15 bet as well as an additional £20 from 888sport. To do so, I need to place 9 x £15 bets before picking up the first, then a further 5 x £15 to pick up the last £20. With each bet being matched on the exchanges, I could potentially lose £0.50 - £1.00 each time depending on the odds. Taking this into account and a typical return of £10-£12 from the free bet itself, I'm not sure if it's worth the effort.

With JenningsBet, I've got to place 3 x £30 bets before qualifying for a free £30 bet. The first was tonight. Sevilla was backed at 2.50 and laid @ 2.47 for 30.61 resulting in a zero cost for me. The other two qualifying bets are for matches at the weekend.

Making up the rest of the aforementioned two thirds of my day's profit was £10.02 from a straight double using my 5% bank. I backed Racing Santander and Olympiakos both to win, which they did quite comprehensively. These were respectively, the nap and banker of the day on SoccerLotto, which I am a member of.

So, what about my trading?

Well, considering how well it has gone the past 9-10 days, today was hopeless. Right from the off I was struggling.

I had £26.81 in profitable trades in the dogs. Unfortunately, I also had £15.37 worth of losses. The final straw was when I lost more than £7 in the first two races at Sittingbourne this evening. It was one of those days where I really struggled to read anything significant in the markets.

At least I made a profit in the greyhounds, unlike the horse place markets. I only got involved in 7 races and came away with a loss of £4.33. Again, I found it extremely difficult to spot anything in the markets today.

So a long and frustrating day sat in front of a computer monitor, certainly as far as my trading was concerned, but thanks to the soccer, today wasn't as bad as it could have been.

Even better, I haven't heard one way or the other from Boylesport regarding my phantom bet. So, on the basis that no news is good news, I've added the £49.45 to my total for Tuesday. Which, means, that Tuesday saw me break 3 figures for the first time ever.

So, today worked out alright in the end.

2 comments:

leonthefixer said...

Well done mate but you don't seem to have noticed you have also broken through your previous best ever month!!!

Well done and long may it continue!

Alistair said...

I noticed Leon, but there's at least a week's worth of trading to go and I didn't want to tempt fate :-)