What A Week!

Strangely, after my best ever week, I'm sitting here disappointed simply because I failed to make £50 for the 3rd day running. Thanks to getting caught, twice, in the second last race of today's greyhounds I lost a fiver. That disappointment won't last long though as I look back over what I've managed this week.

For the first time ever, I have broken through £200 in one week. In fact, I've sailed through it to the tune of £264. Absolutely staggering. I cannot tell you how chuffed I am. Clearly, my decision to abandon the horse win markets was the correct one.

Now granted, £70 of that money was through some matched betting I did using free bets from Bet365 and Boylesport. That leaves £186 due to trading activities which is still my best week, by some margin.

I will not bother giving a blow-by-blow account of today's trading. Suffice to say, it was quite difficult in the dogs as they were very thin. However, I had every intention of having a relatively leisurely day as I had already made £36 thanks to a spot of matched betting on the Portsmouth v Newcastle match so a poor performance in the dog markets was not the end of the world.

What with Christmas quickly approaching and all the distractions and commitments that that entails, I didn't have high hopes for this month. In the back of my mind, I had settled on £200-£250 being a profit I'd be happy with. To achieve that in one week is terrific and I'm on a bit of a high just now. Like I said, the disappointment is short lived.

I suppose I better go and give my daughter her cut now.

Tomorrow will be a day off, at least until the last hour or so of the greyhound races. I'm off to a client's where I actually work for a living, then off for a few non-alcoholic drinks afterwards. I can afford to buy a round now!

Have a good one if you're getting involved.

No comments: