Spam Comments

Over recent weeks, I've been inundated with comments to my posts that do not contribute anything other than saying something simple like, 'nice blog', and followed by a web link.

I am more than happy to publish constructive comments that are relevant to the post, but in my view the comments in question are nothing more than spam and consequently, I won't publish them. If you do not wish to contribute to the debate, then by all means leave a simple comment, but don't include a link - especially if you've never commented before.

If you wish to exchange links, then I'm happy to do so with other, related sites.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Ali

Nothing to do with your post but I was wondering if your chatroom is working? I try to login and it comes up with adverts and various other things. There's a tab for admin console are things too... is this just my pc playing up? I haven't been in for a while, was always a good chat!

GranpaChook

Alistair said...

Hi Grandpa,

What link are you using? It should be: http://www.bet-your-life.co.uk/links.php

The chat room is the basic version which is ad supported. However, in order to hide these adverts from users, I've used a bit of html jiggery pokery by having the room on one page and viewing it through a web frame.

Consequently, your browser must be able to support html frames - all the major ones do.

Let me know how you get on.

Alistair

Anonymous said...

Hi Ali,

I'm using http://www.bet-your-life.co.uk/chat.php which is what I used to do. I use firefox and once I've put in my username I get a blank box with "remove ads | Admin Console" in the top right. Then in the main box I have a series of tabs with links to new stories and suchlike. It's most bizarre. I've tried ie too and all I get is a blank blue box with a white cross in the top left!

I've recently formatted my PC but I don't see why this should happen unless I need java or something installed. Hmm, that might be it actually I guess?

gc

Alistair said...

Hi Grandpa,

You never told me that bit! :-)

Yes, the chat room is Java based so you'll need to download latest version from the Sun site.

Let me know if that solves it.

Alistair