What's Going On?

This month has been a bit of a grind with my greyhound racing being particularly erratic. The past few days however has seen it go completely out of the window.

Once again, I'll present today's results in graphical form and let you draw your own conclusions.


I honestly cannot remember ever trading so badly. Though I hate finishing the day with a loss, I think it wise to do so now that the afternoon card has finished. I haven't come anywhere near recovering from those initial early losses having spent all afternoon trying.

In between attempts at clawing my losses back, I spent much of this afternoon continuing with some in-running hedging picks on the horses. This proved to be another successful day with 16 picks from 11 races with 4 of those picks being winners at BFSP odds of 6.43, 7.40, 15.92 and 5.42.

Having documented a total of 203 picks so far, today's four winners would have seen me pass the £1000 profit mark if I'd backed them all to win for £10 level stakes. I've got an interesting graph to show you regarding these hedging results, but I'll leave that for tomorrow and my monthly summary posting.

I'm off now to put my feet up for a bit before taking my frustrations out on a shuttlecock. Back again tomorrow though hopefully not for more of the same.

4 comments:

PhilipH said...

Maybe you're trying too hard. Slow down ... as someone has already mentioned: "It's not a sprint, it's a marathon."

Phil.

Paul said...

You're on fire with the selections, Alistair. Even just for trading, there's got to be a decent back to lay strategy in there somewhere. How do you produce the graphs? something like that would help me a lot in working out how well, or more likely, badly I'm doing. Cheers as always

Alistair said...

Hi chaps, just catching up on comments now. Sorry for the delay.

As you'll see from my latest posting Phil, I'm taking a break to recharge the batteries and get the head back in gear.

Paul, I certainly hope there's some form of strategy in there. Just need to identify it.

The graphs are produced using OfficeCalc, part of the OpenOffice suite. I download the mt P&L from Betfair directly into the spreadsheet and create the graph from there. You can use any spreadsheet application as long as it can read Excel files as that is how they are formatted from Betfair.

Alistair

Paul said...

Cheers Alistair, I'll give it a try though it'll be a case of 'read em and weep' of late!