Saturday Off?

For all the reasons I've moaned about before, I now, in general, take a break from trading on a Saturday. However, having received a reload bonus from those nice people at Bet365, I had to work my way through numerous stakes before I could claim it. The easiest way to do that, was a bit of bet matching of their Channel 4 racing offer.

It has been a while since I used the Rolling Free-Bet Matching spreadsheet. I had a spell where I wasn't finding any winners, which was really taking its toll on my premium charge allowance, so I stopped doing them. Today gave me an excellent opportunity to get it out again and blow me, I started off with two winners!


So a very relaxing afternoon working my way to an easy £23 profit. Perhaps I should get back into this.

Later this evening, with nothing worth watching on the box, I took the opportunity to venture into the horse win markets again for a bit of pre-race trading. Following on from yesterday, my stake was now up to £16. I only traded a handful of races but didn't have any losers and managed to win £6.74 - a 42% return of my stake, so I'm very happy with that.

Again, I successfully identified decent moves, but suffered from premature exits. Still, the confidence is slowly building, as is my stake, which will be £23 next time around.

4 comments:

PhilipH said...

Hi Alistair. How's your search for a new(er) car going?

This £2000 scrappage deal is not very popular, according to accounts I've read. About 80% of people questioned about it said they were disappointed and had found better deals than this £2k allowance promised.

For one thing, only £1k is given by the government with the other £1k coming from the dealer. And it is only for new cars. In Germany, for example, the £2k is directly from the government and can include cars up to 1 year old! That is a more attractive scheme in my view. Having to buy a brand new car is always a poor deal in comparison with buying a "nearly new" car of, say, six months old.

BTW, I backed Max 1,2,3 on Saturday and was disappointed with her run. However, I also backed Seek n Destroy (4-1), Good Again (7-1) Elzahann (11-2) and Bouvardia (evens). All singles with Hills. I really wanted Max 123 to win as I had a 25p win patent with Seek n Destroy, Bouvardia and Max 123!

Still, ended up winning a little bit as I also backed Tottie Ordnance Row (placed) Damaniyat Girl,Steele Tango, Giganticus Leslingtaylor all unplaced!

Cheers Phil

Alistair said...

Hi Phil

Still looking. I'm away for another test drive this afternoon.

The German deal is certainly better. Having said that, even as it is, the scrappage allowance is giving me the opportunity to buy new for the first time.

If I was to go the second hand route, I'd only get £500 trade in for my existing car. Given the price range I'm looking at, there wouldn't be a huge difference in end cost. With that in mind, I thought I'd take the opportunity to buy new as I'm unlikely to get the chance again.

Alistair

boom baby said...

Couldn't find an e-mail for the link exchange so i apologize for posting this on this post. I added your link to my blog roll which can be found on the bottom right hand sidebar. my details are
url: http://garshaspicks.blogspot.com/
text: "Free Daily Picks"
description: Our goal is to provide you with the best information available and to make you some money.

Alistair said...

Thanks for the link Boom Baby. You'll find one to your blog on the links page.