The Rewards Of Trading

I mentioned a while ago that I'd ordered a new car. Well here it is, the Seat 'Shizz' Sports Coupe in candy white and all paid for, in the main, by my trading exploits over the past 17 months or so - with a little help from Her Majesty's Government and their scrappage scheme.

It's a bit different from the Peugeot 406 I've had for the past ten years. Much smaller, both physically and in engine size. That was a deliberate ploy on my part. Downsize in order to cut running costs. Besides, I have no need for a large family car anymore, so a small hatchback was the way to go.

I picked it up late Monday afternoon and, if it hadn't been for visiting a client today, I would've spent much of the day touring around the Scottish countryside just to get used to it. Some of the controls are damn complicated. It will take ages getting used to the trip computer settings - what happened to a simple odometer?

Anyway, thanks to all the Betfair/Betdaq users who have contributed to my new wheels. It is much appreciated.

Next on the list is a new kitchen.

5 comments:

Drifter said...

Well Done Alistair

Your hard work has been rewarded. Nice to think you have something physical for all that effort.

Drifter

playslip said...

Well done fella enjoy it, you have to reward yourself every now and again as i find trading quite stressful

Alistair said...

Cheers Drifter,

I think it is important that we, as traders, take every opportunity to reward ourselves for the effort we put in. If we don't, what's the point.

Thanks for popping by.

Alistair

PhilipH said...

Neat and nice looking jamjar Ali. Happy motoring to you. Phil

Alistair said...

Cheers Phil