Worth A Tenner

As a Celtic fan, I don't normally get involved in their matches. However, having made a few bob on the dogs today, the temptation to have a punt was too great. I backed Dynamo Moscow @ 2.25!

I haven't been overly encouraged by the summer transfer activities of my favoured club and given their appalling away record in Europe coupled with the fact that they were 1-0 down after the first leg against a side who are well into their own domestic campaign the 2.25 for the Russians seemed like value.

As you probably know by now, I lost £10 with Celtic scoring in the dying minutes of both halves thereby going through 2-1 on aggregate. Whilst the result is a prime example of why I rarely have a bet on the football these days, in this case, it was worth the £10 just to see the Bhoys get that 6 year old European monkey off their backs.

In any case, all was not lost in the Hamilton household as my son backed Celtic for a fiver so he was even happier. Indeed, I had a good day on the dogs, picking up over £41 for my troubles, so the day can hardly be described as a washout.

Well done Celtic. I wonder how often I'll say that during this European campaign.

No comments: