Unusual For Me

Monday's are usually spent with a client, so it is unusual for me to be around on a Monday afternoon. However, I left my client's premises early as I was feeling poorly and was therefore able to partake in a little Monday afternoon horse trading.

I've heard it said that Monday's are very poor for liquidity in the horse markets. Certainly, as far as the place markets are concerned, I didn't have that problem today. Indeed, the markets were a darn sight better than they were yesterday were I didn't get going at all and finished early with a small loss before going out to enjoy the autumn sunshine.

As far as today was concerned, I had no such difficulty and managed to rake in a profit of just over £40, including a rather pleasing £21 in the 3:50 at Warwick. One of the best I've had on the nags.


Of course, being self-employed, this went a little way to replacing the money I've lost due to missing this afternoon at work. Mind you, I'll probably go in one morning later this week to 'make it up'.

After dinnner, I spent a little while in the greyhound markets topping up the total to just shy of £51 at which point I called it a day.

Needless to say, I'm very pleased with the way things are going at the moment. Hitting £40-£50 per day will do me very nicely. I feel I'm becoming much more comfortable with the horse place markets and as long as this consistency continues, I will be increasing my stakes gradually with a view to ultimately bumping that daily figure to nearer the £75 mark and beyond.

2 comments:

Mick said...

Hi

You can find my new blog at www.micksgamble.blogspot.com

As you will see when you visit my blog I have included a link to your blog.

Good luck

Mick

Alistair said...

Hi Mick,

Happy to exchange links. You'll find yours on the links page.

Good luck with your venture.

Alistair