Limited Portfolio

One thing that my recent broadband issues has highlighted is my over reliance on the fast paced pre-race greyhound and horse markets. I've tried trading with a slower connection over the past two weeks and while I've had the odd good day, in general I've lost.

I'm currently on a 3 day losing streak and with speed issues still a cause for concern I wouldn't be surprised if that were to continue.

I need to become familiar with, and develop strategies for, slower paced markets where I can take a longer term view and the speed of the bet submissions is not as critical. Of course, I recognised this many moons ago. My broadband issues have only served to reinforce this idea.

I'm already taking a more active interest in trading football in-play. At the moment I'm just playing around with a variety of strategies as I familiarise myself with the way the markets behave as the match unfolds.

I'd like to be able to trade pre-ko. Easier said than done. When I've tried this in the past, based on my assessment of how a match is likely to end, the pre-match market always seems to disagree with me. However, I'm going to try this again and to this end, I've set aside a small £100 bank were I'll put it all on pre-match and trade out before kick off. The whole bank will be used each time, shrinking or growing as I progress.

With this in mind, I've laid PSG in their match against Auxerre tomorrow. I'm on @ 1.87 for a liability of £100.

I wonder how long it will last.

No comments: