November 2009 Summary

It is very disappointing following up a fairly decent month, with one of my worst. A picture is worth a thousand words as they say, and since I haven't done one in a while it's probably easier sticking up a graph...


Listed below are the totals for each market/sport I got involved in throughout the month:

Greyhounds... £90.53
Horses... £52.71
Soccer... -£55.18

My problems began at the tail end of August when the winter racing started and it took me a long time to adjust, if indeed I managed to do that. My poor performance spilled over into the greyhounds as well.

The loss on the football is disappointing, though not entirely unexpected as I played around with the markets looking to increase my understanding of in-play football trading. Still lots of work to be done there obviously.

It's a little annoying that just as I started to put some profitable days together, my broadband decided to play silly buggers.

Still, I've got to be thankful for another profitable month, even though this month must rank as my worst month performance wise. Hopefully, the broadband issues will be sorted out soon. At least then, I won't be able to use that as an excuse. :-)

And now, to cap it all, BinarySoft isn't working now, though that may be a problem with this old router I borrowed from a client with a view to eliminating my normal router from the list of suspects.

All in all, a month to forget though I was able to 'pay' myself £100 so it wasn't all bad.

2 comments:

Mark Iverson said...

Hi Alistair,

Family are good thanks :-)

Do you also know that the new BetTrader Evolution has a Linux version?

All the best,

Mark

Alistair said...

Hi Mark,

Yes, I've been using the Linux version of Evo since it was released in early beta. I confess though I haven't been using it much over the past month or so. My trading has been so bad, I felt I needed to stick with a package I was familiar with so I could concentrate on getting my trading back on track - not that that went to plan!

I see Binarysoft is back working again this morning now that I've got a third router in place.

I've just been up in the attic to figure out my telephone wiring. Oh dear! I think I might have to bit the bullet and get a BT engineer in to revamp it completely.