Crap Service

No, nothing to do with tennis, but the terrible service that British companies provide their customers. It must be wonderful to be so successful that you can ignore requests and inquiries regarding your services.

In the past week or so, I have sent emails to Betfair, Betdaq, Bet365, BetPodPro and a few non-trading related companies. Not one has had the courtesy to reply or even send an acknowledgement.

If I treated my clients like that, they would quite rightly tell me were to get off.

Gripe over.

Tomorrow at midnight, my broadband transfers to BT Broadband. Hopefully a resolution to my broadband go-slow is in sight and I can start afresh with my trading. It may or may not be coincidental that my Internet connection issues which began at the beginning of November has seen three months of terrible returns where I've only just managed to return a profit.

Indeed, I've struggled to get anywhere near three figures. Something I've only just managed this evening, though I better hold my tongue as there is still three days left of January.

8 comments:

Jay Oliver said...

Hello,

That is shocking, I had a problem with T-Mobile earlier, they were great, though I know what you mean, useless.

Something different, but I find PC World are useless too, half the staff know sod all about computers!

Regards
Jay
www.amanthatlays.blogspot.com

Alistair said...

Ahh! PC World! The memories come flooding back.

It's been a long time since I popped into the local purple store. When I did I used to enjoy hovering around within earshot of a sales assistant as they told some unsuspecting customer the biggest pile of crap.

When I first set up in business, I use to hand out my card to their victims after they were finished with their bullshit.

Jay Oliver said...

Hello Alistair,

Yea last time I was in there I needed a replacement nVidia 8800GTX, the guy took me over to the motherboard section and was adament it was a motherboard, tried to keep a straight face!

Jay

johnnyalbion45 said...

Hi Alistair, found your blog via narrowing the field blog, have to say i am a bit worried if you are depending on BT Broadband.

The problem with any of the broadband companies advertising on television is they are over subscribed which slows things even further.

My girlfriend uses adsl24 and they are very good , good connection , etc. If you have any problems give them a try.

Wanted to ask if you have ever attended any of the sports trading courses that are advertised. I am thinking of trying this but recent attempts ended in getting my fingers burnt.

any advice would be appreciated

thanks

john

ricardo said...

Hi Alistair

This is a great blog. Your posts on a couple of the forums have always caught my eye because of the Tux avatar - I've always got my eyes peeled for a fellow Linux fan - and I've finally got round to reading your blog. You're doing really well! I'm at the stage now that you were at two years ago - £30 bank, £3 stakes, aiming to grow bank by 3% per day...

All the best and good luck

richard

Alistair said...

Hi Johnny, the main reason for moving to BT is the fact that my local exchange is not unbundled. All ISPs offering broadband in this area have to use BT equipment. Given my recent documented experience with my existing ISP I'd rather deal with the end supplier than a middle man.

Also, although I cannot prove it, the anecdotal evidence I have gathered during my broadband issues makes me question whether BT is throttling the broadband of those third party ISP's customers. Put it this way, I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case.

Richard, thanks for the compliment. Nice to hear from a fellow trading using Linux. I was beginning to think I'm the only one. All the best with your trading journey.

leonthefixer said...

Hi mate - thought this might put a smile on your face:

http://www.racingpost.com/news/horse-racing/bet365-bet-365s-free-bets-ad-banned-by-asa/676429/latest/

Alistair said...

Hi Leon. Long time no speak. I trust things are well with you.

Thanks for the link. I'd already seen the article, and yes, it did put a smile on my face.