Going Backwards

I'm on a bit of a losing streak at the moment with another loss today, mainly due to the horses - and that was over only two races. A small win on the dogs counteracted by a small loss on the football. All very frustrating.

I carried on testing my 'Bambi' strategy in the football today. Bambi is structured so that and early goal, one in the first 20 minutes, will see a scratched trade or a small loss, assuming one immediately trades out after the goal that is. Unfortunately that was the case with both games I attempted today.

Losing a couple of pounds over two games is no big deal of course, though it does seem a waste of time getting involved. Early days for the strategy so it is inevitable that some tweaking might be required.

I still haven't got involved in the Australian Open as I had originally intended. I'm finding these late night/early morning starts virtually impossible to fit in. Even I have to sleep sometime. It wouldn't be so bad if matches started when they are scheduled, but of course that never happens. It's one of the reasons that trading tennis properly has never come high up on my list of things to do.

3 comments:

Mark Iverson said...

Hi Alistair,

Chin up mate....you're still moving forwards.

By the way, I'm thinking of making a comeback :-)

Any chance you could mention my blog in your next post and maybe put me back on your blogroll?

http://markiverson-professionalsportstrader.blogspot.com/

Many thanks

Mark

Alistair said...

Hi Mark,

No problem sir, though your link has never left my links page.

Are you still going to be concentrating on cricket or have you moved on to other things?

Mark Iverson said...

Hi Alistair,

Thanks mate - much appreciated

Around 80% of my profits still come from cricket but I'm looking to cover anything I trade that allows me to write at the same time!

All the best.

Mark