Scraping A Profit

Well, that's me seven trading days into the New Year and I've yet to have a losing one. Not for the want of trying I hasten to add.

Today was a perfect example. I built up a a reasonable profit on the greyhounds in the morning followed by some more on the first game in the African Nations tournament. I then spent the afternoon, losing on the horses, the second African Nations game and managed to whittle away all the profit on the dogs to boot!

I was looking at an overall loss of £15 when in a dog race later this evening, I placed a lay at 3.10 which was taken by a sudden dip and the market resettled at 2.6ish. I was looking at a £6 all red and, after listening to the WH Radio commentary about the dog, I just thought, 'sod it' and let it run. It was never in the running and I won £20 to put me in profit for the day.

Not the best bit of trading I've ever done, but what the hell.

I've been scraping a profit in much the same way all week. It's been hard work, especially as I've been sitting here freezing my man vegetables off waiting for the boiler to be fixed. Fortunately, it's all fixed now so I can get back to trading in my y-fronts...

And if that doesn't give you nightmares, nothing will.

No comments: