Forum And Blog Changes

The forum is starting to fill up nicely with some interesting posts and I'd like to take this opportunity to thank those who have been taking the time to contribute. Very much appreciated.

With the increase use, it is clear that some areas are more popular than others so this morning I've spent a little time reorganising it so that the popular sub-forums are towards the top of the list to save you having to scroll the page so much. I've also increased the number of recent topics listed for those forums so that you can see at a glance what has been changed.

If you have the time, then please take the opportunity to browse through the topics. Even better, why not contribute to the discussion? You can of course always come into the chat room, though during peak trading times, please don't expect immediate responses to your messages. Especially when the horse racing is on.

On a sadder note, I've taken the reluctant decision to disable the facility for anonymous comments to the blog. I've been getting no end of abusive comments lately and it takes me time to filter these out and decline their publication. Time I could be spending doing other things. You'll still be able to comment if you have a Blogger account, or an Open ID.

I want to apologise to those anonymous readers who have contributed sensible and constructive comments in the past. Unfortunately, the Internet is rife with unintelligent, anti-social types who spoil it for everyone else. I simply have better things to do with my time than read their drivel.

If you want, you can sign-up to the forum and make comments there if you do not already have a Blogger account.

Thank you for your understanding.

No comments: