Website Changes

UPDATE 5 APR: DUE TO AN ON-GOING ISSUE ON GOOGLE BLOGGER, AND UNBEKNOWN TO ME AT THE TIME OF THE CHANGE, WHICH CAUSES ALL EXISTING COMMENTS TO DISAPPEAR WHEN SWITCHING TO A CUSTOM DOMAIN, I'VE HAD TO RESET EVERYTHING TO THE WAY IT WAS. GOOGLE CURRENTLY DO NOT HAVE A FIX FOR THIS PROBLEM. CONSEQUENTLY THE BLOG URL WILL REMAIN AS BETYOURLIFE.BLOGSPOT.COM.

APOLOGIES FOR ANY INCONVENIENCE CAUSED.

With no horse racing on today, I've taken the opportunity to finalise the reorganisation of the betyourlife.co.uk website.

Regular readers will be aware that I set up a site at www.betyourlife.co.uk to enable me to provide additional functionality that, at the time, I couldn't host on the blog due to limitations with blogger.com.

With my earlier broadband issues resulting in a change of ISP, coupled with enhanced functionality provided by blogger.com, I was able to move those facilities to the blog at betyourlife.blogspot.com. These have been up and running for a while now and today I completed the last step.

Using blogger's 'custom domain' facility, the www.betyourlife.co.uk domain name is now hosted at blogger. This is now live, so you can use that url to access the site. The old betyourlife.blogspot.com url will still bring you here, but the betyourlife.co.uk domain will be displayed in your browser's address bar. You may want to update your bookmarks in any case.

All links should still work as normal, though you may have to update your site feeds if you use them.

2 comments:

Alistair said...

For some reason, all the comments have disappeared from the blog, although the most recent ones are showing up in the comments feed at the bottom of the page.

I've reported the issue to Blogger so I'll leave it a couple of days and see if they come back.

Alistair said...

There seems to be a known issue with missing comments after converting to a custom domain.

I'll wait a few days to see if the issue resolves itself. Failing that, I may be able to reinstall them from a backup I have.