What A Shocker!

July looks like being a losing month. Only my second since I started some thirty months ago. It's been a bit of a roller coaster to be honest, and I'm on a steep downward slope at the moment having had had my 6th losing day on the trot yesterday.

I shouldn't really have traded yesterday as I was in the process of setting up a new computer after my main box decided to blow a gasket, or at least the power supply did. Don't you just love the smell of fried electronics?

Fortunately, it didn't take the hard disks with it so I didn't lose any data. I now need to decide what I'm going to do with that box; scrap it, try and repair it and just put it on eBay for spares.

Actually, I might strip it myself and sell the bits for spares as it has 2GB of RAM as well as a decent multi-monitor capable graphics card (which is only 3 months old).

My new machine doesn't have a parallel printer port so my old and very reliable HP Laserjet 5P printer can't connect. That will be tomorrow's (today now) task - setting up a Linux server on an old Dell box to initially act as a printer server. Ultimately though, it will be doing some botting on Betfair, assuming I get round to learning the inner workings of PHP programming.

Probably a more productive way of spending the day given my recent performance.

No comments: