A Cunning Plan

Baldrick: I have a plan!
Blackadder: Really! A cunning and subtle one?
Baldrick: Yes
Blackadder: As cunning as a fox who's just been appointed Professor of Cunning at Oxford University?

Since I started putting real cash into the lay system, I have avoided trading those races to keep things simple, make monitoring easy and it provided a nice 'break' between those races I was trading. Today however, I decided to implement Baldrick's cunning plan and trade those races. Specifically, trade the horse(s) that I was intending to lay in order to build up some green on it and act as slight insurance to cushion the blow in the event of a winner.

The intention was to only hedge out if the trade went poorly. I didn't fancy compounding a the loss by leaving a big red on it in the hope that it didn't go on to win.

This is all well and good in theory, if it wasn't for the fact that my trading is so poor. As is the way of these things, when I did managed to build some insurance on a runner, it was never needed. Fortunately, for today at least, I never hit a winning lay, but my profit for the day was limited by my continuing inability to trade in anything like a profitable manner.

Still, as far as the laying was concerned, a much more successful day than the previous two days and the system moves back into profit again.

No comments: