Green Shoots Of Recovery?

I've been doing a lot of work in the garden recently and couldn't resist the title, though I've probably just given myself the KOD.

After the very poor performance of the lay system in recent times, I'm glad to see the signs of something of a recovery. A profit of 8 points was had yesterday and a similar return was on the cards to day... until the last race that is.

Golden Future was the pick in the last race at Musselburgh. Paul Hanagan was in the saddle and, having already ridden three winners at the East Lothian course, I guess the writing was on the wall. Needless to say, he won a fourth on the day and the great return I was looking at, turned into a 1.5ish point loss. Such is the vagaries of lay betting.

I can't take anything away from Paul Hanagan though. A quite terrific display at Musselburgh, winning four out of the six races on offer. He'll be away home tonight a happy chappie.

I still came away with a profit today thanks to the trading I did in the races I didn't have lays in. I'm still running at a small loss for the month though, but there's a long way to go yet. And the footy season starts tomorrow, so something else to look forward to.

No comments: