September 2010 Summary

I'll get the bad news out of the way first shall I?

I've had a really poor past 4 days that have seen me wipe out over 25% of this months profit that I had built up. An element of gross carelessness has crept into my trading which I am really peeved about. I'll sort it out soon enough and get back on track.

The good news is I'm in profit for the month. Having had a loss for the previous two months I'm delighted to have turned that corner. More importantly, this week's performance aside, I have been particularly pleased with the horse trading. Hopefully that will continue as I move into October and the start of the traditionally difficult season. (I find it difficult all the time but that is another story).

Other areas have been progressing, though the football still presents something of a challenge - a losing one at that. Loses here have primarily been to the weekend punts have been having rather than trading - though that's not been great either. I do find it difficult to find the time to trade football matches. There's always something else on the go when the matches are on.

While on the subject of punting the football, the Home Selection trial for September continued to affirm that laying the home picks would be more profitable. The data and analysis I use from SoccerLotto tends to be more volatile during the first few weeks of the season so it will be very interesting to see if that trend reverses in the coming months.

The lay system also had a good month racking up 61.20 points worth of profit. I also got back to putting some hard earned cash on them, only to minimum stakes mind, which also helped to boost the income this month. I didn't get 61.20 points worth of profit though as there were numerous occasions went I wasn't around. Ultimately, I'd like to automate it so I won't miss out, but that's a project for the future. It's more important to make sure it's working long term.

Apart from August which was more or less scratched, the system is currently looking at a profit of some 297 points since I started the initial paper trial back in the last week of May. A monthly average of over 70 points would do me nicely, thank you very much.

The other thing I've been playing with which I briefly mentioned in an earlier post is the idea of doing a multiple of DoBs. So far I've had two successful trebles out of three, with the third scratched. I've only been attempting a treble if I have a good trade that gives me enough greened up profit to use as a free stake. For October, I think I'll set aside a small bank of £100 and use that.

Depending if I feel there are suitable candidates, I'll attempt a treble each day and, for a bit of fun, the last day of the month will be a special day where I'll attempt a five or six-fold (assuming the trebles are in profit for the month of course).

These things add a bit of interest to the proceedings as I find pre-race trading can become somewhat monotonous, which is why, I am quite sure, a lot carelessness creeps into my trading.

For now, thanks for reading my ramblings. I hope you get something out of it. If you do (or if you don't), please take the opportunity to pop over to the forum where you'll find a number of interesting threads, particularly in the horse racing and soccer sections. Contributions to the debate are always welcome.

Best wishes for October.

No comments: