Into The Red

It is not often I've had to post a negative number in the sidebar for the Lay System's running total, but it happened today as it continued its dramatic fall from grace. One of the culprits was, yet again, Wolverhampton. Fortunately, after recent days, I decided to leave the race track well alone so I didn't suffer financially, though I've still recorded the total as if I did.

I've just had a quick look over my records spanning back nearly six months when I started investigating this system. I've managed to lay a total of 11 winners at the Wolverhampton track. 7 of them have happened in the past 9 days! An incredible statistic that helps to illustrate what an exceptional period it has been.

I think I'll continue to avoid any financial involvement in meetings at that track until I see some indication that it is returning to something like normality.

3 comments:

Didd said...

Hi Alistair,
I also avoid Wolverhampton. I'm sure your running total will soon return to green. I wish you all the best with this weeks markets.

PhilipH said...

I had an AWFUL day's punting yesterday. It felt terrible and it cost me more than I would normally risk.

As a result I've made my New Year Resolution TODAY:

No more punting of ANY sort. It is a mug's game and I should know, having worked in the bookie game from 1956 (pre betting shops) until 1972. That was the ONLY time I knew I would earn from horse and dog racing: my weekly wage!

So Ali, I wish you every success but I shall be disappearing from this day hence from anything to do with the topic.

Cheers, Phil

Alistair said...

Actually Didd, Wolverhampton has been extremely good to me over the past six months. Unfortunately it has decided to bite me in the backside over the past ten days or so. Hopefully it will get back to normal soon. In the meantime, it is certainly worth treating it with kid gloves.

In actual fact, at the beginning of the month, I changed my staking plan for the lay system which has meant that I'm still in profit. I've kept the reporting the same using the old method for reasons of consistency. It will have been going for six months come the 24 Nov, so I'll stop showing the P&L after this month as it has served its purpose. There's really no point in publishing it now any way as I have no intention of releasing the methodology. I'll do a summary of it later this week to close it off.

Sorry to hear of your loss Phil. It's never easy to admit defeat sometimes, but now that you've come to that point I hope that is one New Year resolution you'll stick too. All the best with your future endeavours and thanks for taking the time to comment on this blog over the months.

Alistair