Belated Happy New Year

There are many reasons why I loath the festive period, not least of which is my propensity for feeling poorly. This year was no different as a week before Xmas I managed to give myself food poisoning and spent the following two and a half weeks either shouting down the big white telephone or sitting on it. As you can imagine, the last thing on my mind was keeping the blog updated, so, let me wish you all...

A Happy New Year and a Very Prosperous 2011.

When I felt up to it, and when racing allowed, I continued with my experiments using the training mode of BetTrader Evolution 3.0. This has continued to prove of great benefit and early on I identified a number of areas where my trading might be improved. Indeed, it is now exactly a calender month since I started with the experiment and in that time I have amassed an excellent paper profit of £1993 - something unheard of by me when trading for real.

The question is, can this training mode performance be translated into real profit when trading live?

Well, I will soon find out. As of tomorrow I am going live with the strategies I've developed in training mode. Hopefully, using training mode for a month hasn't led me up the garden path. The important thing is I keep my head together when using real money. There will be losses, but as long as there are more wins, I don't mind.

I don't have any targets as such, other than to make a profit. However, it would be really nice to break through £1000 for a month for the first time. Let's see how it goes.

No comments: