Another Cunning Plan

Though perhaps not as cunning as "a fox that used to be Professor of Cunning at Oxford University but has moved on and is now working for the U.N. at the High Commission of International Cunning Planning".

You will no doubt have noticed the addition of a new graphic in the sidebar for Betting System Notes. This is a new service from Darren Hall of bet72.com with two particular things of interest to me:

Firstly, the system notes facility comes with 13 proven football trading strategies already built in. I've been promising myself for what seems like an age to get into football trading, yet I have continually put it off as I persued what turned out to be my forlorn hope of pre-race horse trading. Having access to such strategies will hopefully provide a 'leg up' onto the footy trading ladder.

Secondly, they just added a new feature for searching the Betfair football markets against certain criteria. This in itself was the clincher and worth the £39.99 payment alone as it would take me ages, with my limited programming skills, to create my own similar functions for which I have a few strategies in mind. This will serve that purpose nicely. Not only that though, the facility, assuming you tell it too, automatically flags which of the aforementioned built-in strategies are suitable for each game it finds - a valuable time saver when researching matches.

As an added bonus for me, these tools are on-line. As a Linux user, I often miss out on such tools and utilities since every man and his dog sticks with developing for the Evil Empire. Irrespective of your chosen platform, being Internet based, you'll be able to access it from anywhere without having to have software installed on your laptop etc.

So, with the new season firmly upon us, it is time to get my finger out, diversify and increase my somewhat meagre portfolio of systems and trading skills. No doubt, I'll let you know how I get on as I try to get up to speed.

No comments: