Hope For Traders Using Linux?

I was recently browsing the Geeks Toy forum and came across a thread posted by someone who has managed to get The Toy working on Linux.

I gave it a quick go yesterday and although it installed OK, I kept getting an error when trying to log on. As I do not scalp the markets these days and arguably have no need for such software, I haven't bothered to investigate the reason. I suspect it may be something to do with the version of Wine I am running - the latest stable release, version 1.2.3. The original poster is using version 1.3.28 which is a development version.

I have other applications running that I do not want to risk breaking by installing a development version of Wine, so any future attempt will have to wait.

Anyway, I thought I'd bring it to your attention, if you haven't seen it already.

No comments: