New Year Resolutions

Taking some time out with my feet up and a cup of tea in hand I find myself contemplating the year ahead and my plans for it. I've never really been one for new year resolutions, or should I say keeping them, but it can be worthwhile jotting some ideas down.

PERSONAL:
1. Make a concerted effort to find work. I've been self-employed for 21 years and I'm sick of it. The recession has been particularly difficult and I find myself having to rebuild the business when I don't really have much enthusiasm for it anymore.
2. Finally get around to building my own hifi amp. Something I've wanted to do since finishing my BSc in electrical and electronic engineering way back in 1984 but other commitments always got in the way.
3. Get back to painting. I used to paint many moons ago as a way to wind down and relieve the stress of the day. Now that I have a dedicated workshop/studio, I have no excuses other than finding the time.

TRADING:
I've not done much trading in 2014 due to other commitments. I spent a lot of time travelling to watch my daughter compete in show jumping and dressage events and even more time doing a lot of work on my house - both inside and out. Fortunately, most of the big jobs are now complete so I should find some more time to trade.

1. Redesign and build my database for horseracing. I was actually thinking of doing this as a tutorial on the blog so stay tuned for that.
2. Set aside some time to experiment in other sports. I've been a member of Tradeshark's tennis site since forever but done nothing about it. So tennis, football and cricket are still sports I'd like to get more into if time allows.
3. Do more videos. After setting up a dedicated YouTube channel, there was a flurry of videos unleashed in the early part of the year which ground to a halt as my house renovations kicked in.

I was almost tempted to add another attempt at pre-race horse trading to that list but thought better of it. Been there, done that and failed miserably more than once.

There's probably others I could add to the list but can't think of any at the moment. No doubt I'll find something to distract me from the above list so adding to it would probably be counterproductive.
It only leaves me to wish you all a happy and prosperous 2015.
Cheers.

7 comments:

PhilipH said...

Very best wishes for a good New Year Ali.

No resolution is my resolution. I never kept any I've made - like many others no doubt.

Cheers, Phil

Alistair said...

Thanks Phil

All the best to you and your family.

David said...

I only just discovered this gem of a blog. Keep up the good work...

Happy New Year to you and your family, as well as to fellow readers.

Oh, and resolutions suck ;)

Alistair said...

Thanks for the comment David. A good new yearto you as well.

Remember you can follow via twitter and youtube as well. Just click on the links at the top of the page.

Unknown said...

Happy New Year.

Always, look forward to your videos.

I tend leave "pre-racing trading" well alone as well and just stick to "in-running" - I always just focus on one selection though.

Good luck for 2015.

Unknown said...

Don't know why I come-up as "unknown" - I am Robin!

Alistair said...

Happy New Year Robin (Unknown).

Hopefully, I'll some more videos out in the next few weeks.