Time For A Break

One of the benefits of trading as a hobby is the lack of pressure to earn a living from it. As such I have no worries of missing opportunities in order to pay the bills. I can walk away from it for periods without any issues.

My annual subscription to Fairbot just expired which presents a very convenient opportunity to take a break. Why? Well, one of my New Year resolutions for this year was to finally get around to building myself a new hifi amp - something I've been wanting to do for years but never seemed to find the time. Well, I've now collected virtually all the parts I need so it's time to start building.

I'll be constructing something called a Gainclone. Most of the work will revolve around creating a decent looking enclosure - the cost of buying a quality, attractive case can double the cost of the project. So the plan is to re-use and re-purpose an existing box with modifications as required.

I've no idea how long it will take me as I haven't done any electronics since University in the early 80s. So, assuming I haven't blown myself up, burned the house down or electrocuted myself I'll be back trading once it is done.

In the meantime, I still plan to post the Value Home Football Lays on the blog as well as the Lay Of The Day horse selections on Twitter.

No comments: